Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Zoo

As mentioned before I had Prom last weekend. For our Sunday activity we decided we would go to the zoo. The Cleveland Zoo to be more specific. Normally I wouldn't blog about something like this seeing as how when you think of the zoo there usually isn't knitting content, but my dear friends, I have knitting, or well fiber, related content.

First off Sheep. Seen below. I got to pet them too. They felt awfully spongy to me but what do I know.

Then, In the Australia Section of the zoo I spotted this. A spinning wheel! I got overly excited and I'm pretty sure I squealed. Lucky my boyfriend already knows I'm nuts so it didn't shock him too much. Upon closer examination of the spinning wheel I came to the conclusion it looks a hell of a lot like the Ashford Traditionals. Exactly like the one I have at home, except darker and older looking. Then I made the whole Ashford/Australia connection and it didn't seem so out of place anymore.

This is a picture of a kangaroo. I liked it because of the baby in the kangaroo's pouch. Isn't everyday you see that.

I have done lots of knitting lately. I've started a baby sweater, the infamous Adamas shawl and I'm still working on many other items. Finished up another square for charity too but that's just a boring old square and doesn't make for interesting blog content. When my shawl is a little bigger, I'll show it. Right now I'm on my second repeat of the Body Chart. Speaking of the shawl I noticed the coolest thing with the yarn today. There's a rainbow in my shawl. Seriously. There's some very subtle varigated-yarn-changy-color thing and there are little mini rainbows throughout the shawl. I've now fallen in love with the yarn and want to order it in mass quantities. I love KnitPicks Shadow. Maybe that's why it's called "shadow"... the mini rainbows.

2 Comments:

Blogger kdk said...

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Adamas! I have to agree with you on Shadow. It's gorgeous! I used it (colorway Jewels) for my last shawl, and I love it.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Another Adamas knitter!!! How fun! I so should have made a button.

I'm loving the shadow, too... It looks so good and is just so nice to knit with - soft and doesn't split at all... Can't wait to see a pic of your progress!

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home