Monday, May 01, 2006

Because It was Asked

The fiber festival I will be going to next month is called the Great Lakes Fiber Show.

It's held on May 27th and 28th at the Wayne County Fairgrounds in Wooster, Ohio.

Their address:
199 Vanover St.
Wooster, OH

Their website can be found here.

I went last year, and it was great. Roving everywhere. However I made the mistake of not buying a roving that I liked because I wanted to "look aroud first". Big mistake. 20 minutes later when I went back to get it... it was gone.

Tons of fiber. It was everywhere. Prices are fairly reasonable too. There's always the horribly expensive stuff, but I got a pound of stuff to dye for $15 last year. I don't have to card it, but I'm carding it anyways because I think it'll be easier for me to spin.

By the way, if you go up to the festival. There's a group that's from Michigan. That's where my lovely blue/purple/white/brown mass of roving came from. And they had tons of other colors. I think they'll be back this year too.

If you don't know how to spin there's a spinning 101 class. All the classes are on the website and there are some great ones.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

Hey we need to talk about a road trip!! I am planning on heading up there on the Saturday! Waddya think? I am hoping to sneak my way into a class!!
We can talk about it tommorrow!! See you then?
Denise
Knitchat.com

11:05 AM  
Blogger kdk said...

Hmmm...Memorial Day weekend... I may have to see if I can make a trip up that way...

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home