Friday, April 28, 2006

Am I crazy?

So I'm going to go to the fiber store in Avon tomorrow to track down the elusive niddy-noddy. Of course I'm thrilled, but when I tell people about it I get the weirdest reactions. "You're driving over an hour to get yarn. Why?" It's just hard to explain to non-knitters. We have the occasional small yarn shop around where I live. Several, but I don't know any of them that carry spinning supplies. If they do they don't have the information online anywhere. Who really cares though. I have a fascination for gardening supplies too so it's bound to be a fun trip. I'm not so much a huge fan of gardening, but I like flowers as long as I don't have to take care of them. :-D
I've got a decent bit done on my sock lately, for as little as I've worked on it. The thought crossed my mind sometime earlier this week, "I wonder if I can finish them before the end of April. Hmm... It's highly possible. I have two days and no homework for the next four months. (Did I mention I'm on summer break?) I'm going to go for it and see how far I get. You never know, it could happen.

Edited to Add: There are yarn shops closer that advertise that they sell spinning supplies. They're still a decent drive though. Lol. It's okay. I like road trips.

1 Comments:

Blogger kdk said...

An hour! That's not crazy at all! That's just a fun road trip. I don't consider it crazy until you willingly drive at least 12 hours just for yarn (and I'm not going to say that I wouldn't do it...) Have a great trip! :)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home