Tuesday, April 25, 2006

more roving...

I have this problem where people will ask me questions in the comments they leave me. They all get forwarded to my email so I turn around, write them a big long email in return, then I send it out. Back to noreply at blogger. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've done it. So now I'm going to answer questions from ages ago (there aren't very many) don't worry. In fact, there's just one!

kdk wanted to know what the pattern was that I was using for the blue lacy scarf that I haven't worked on in a little while. It's from one of my favorite book series ever, the Knit! ones. Specifically it's from Knit Scarves!

So this morning I took the big white ball from yesterday and turned it into four smaller balls. Then guess what I did. Yup. I love Kool-aid.

From left to right we have Black Cherry (I used 4 packs for 2 oz), Pink Lemonade (4 packs, 2 oz), Grape (4 packs, 2 oz), and Cherry (5 packs, for 2 oz).

After all's said and done, I like the colors. I would have liked them to be a little darker but it was a learning experience. Maybe next time I'll use 3 packets per oz of roving. Or maybe 4! They'll really think I've gone nuts at the store.

When I went through check out I decided to do the automated one. I bought 20 kool-aid packets and everytime I scanned one it yelled 21 cents! Then a worker came over and bagged my kool-aid for me. It was an experience. The store had tons of kool-aid too.

Oh, and in other exciting news flipflopgirlgave me a store that sells spinning supplies, so I called them up and they have my niddy noddy too. ROAD TRIP! Yay... I love road trips. :-D And the shop is cute, and it's in a cute area making it even better. I love little shops.

The website says they're open Sundays, so maybe I'll do that this weekend. I'll call first though, wouldn't want to drive up and have it be closed.

Going to a new knitting group thing after work tonight. I'll probably post more on that later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

If you're going to French Creek Fiberarts I definately recommend stopping in at Birds of a Feather - it's the big barn across the parking lot from French Creek. It's AMAZING. The second floor is all yarn - very well organized and very well stocked....

btw your roving looks great! I need to get into the spinning thing - it looks so fun!

2:11 PM  
Blogger FlipFlopGirl said...

yay! I'm so glad you were able to track down the niddy noddy at the store. Hope you have a fun road trip! (Maybe once you get your niddy noddy you can take a picture of it and post it to your blog so then I'll know what one is) LoL ;-)

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home