Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Car

My car's acting up now. It's a funny little problem.

First off the handle sticks. I'll pry the door open, get in, shut the door, and then the door goes bouncing back open. It took me six times to realize that the handle on the outside of the door wasn't going back down after I opened the door. Apparently the handle is going to stick more when it's hot outside, because it worked much better yesterday.

Then, I turn my car on, put it in reverse, and it doesn't move. Tried putting the car back in park, then back in reverse, and still got nothing. Then I turned the car off and back on and it worked perfectly.

So I labled myself as dumb and thought I was just too stupid to realized I didn't turn the car on all the way the first time. But then it happened again.

It's sitting in the garage cooling down right now. My dad's going to check the fluids on it later. He has a feeling though that the bump yesterday knocked something off on the inside which is causing my problems.

My poor car.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

Oh man Hope that you have done an insurance report and a police report by now on this..
Sorry to hear it!
Hopefully it will be something simple..check all those little air intake valves.. one of mine got knocked loose and it caused all kind of problems..
Denise..who is on her way upstairs with hot tea instead of knitting with you!
knitchat.com

6:54 PM  
Blogger FlipFlopGirl said...

Bless your heart. I had a similar problem door-wise with my old Honda Civic. I always had to open the window and shove the handle down so the door would stay closed after shutting it. Hope things get worked out with your car. :-/

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home