Wednesday, May 03, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love natural fibers but I have no problems with acrylic. I do not like the "fancy" or "fuzzy" yarns though.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a couple different cases that I keep them in. Some are just thrown in my basket though.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for about 2 1/2 years and I would consider my skill level to be in the intermediate to advanced area. I'm not afraid of scary patterns if that's what you're asking.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Nope, thought about making one of those though.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like fruity scents, vanilla, and mints.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I have a small sweet tooth. Favorite candy would have to be anything with chocolate (especially dark chocolate).

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I crochet, knit, and spin and that's about it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I listen to mostly country music but I like almost anything excluding rap. And yes, my computer can handle MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I like almost any color, my favorites are reds and purples though. I'm also a big fan of earth tones.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my parents and my little sister, I'm a college student, and we have cats and fish.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

A poncho is the only thing I won't wear.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I've become obsessed with socks, although I've never actually finished one.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I'm working on another sock, a scarf, and some charity projects.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Who doesn't like handmade gifts?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer circluar, but I don't mind straight. I prefer aluminum but I don't mind plastic and wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I've got the yarn winder, but not the swift.

17. How did you learn to knit?

Taught myself in about an hour (knit, purl, and cabling). Denise thinks I have problems. :-D

18. How old is your oldest UFO?

Maybe three weeks. I wouldn't really consider it a UFO though.

19. What is your favorite holiday?

I'm a big fan of Easter because that's when the stores have all the good candy.

20. Is there anything that you collect?

Not really, I tend to hoard tea, and mugs though.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I'm still looking for a sweater pattern that would look nice on my body, and I'd like to come across some addi turbos. As far as magazine subscriptions I get Creative Knitting, Knit Simple, and Interweave Knits.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Not really.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I like socks! My foot is weird though and I have a hard time finding patterns to fit them without lots of adjustments. My foot itself is 8.5 inches long, but 9.5 around at the widest part. And my leg where most average socks come up to is about 13.5.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

11/21

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home