Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Conventions and knitting...not so great.

I've been at a convention since last Saturday. Before that I hadn't updated because our internet stinks. Turns out it wasn't my router going bad, instead there was some issue with the cable line. Apparently too much power was going into the house. hurrah! Not only that but they aren't charging us to fix the problem. Because of that I wasn't able to update before leaving for the convention.

Before leaving I spun this:
Into this:
Or at least I'm trying to. It's very, very difficult and I can't get an even yarn. It makes me wonder what kind of sheep it's from because some of the wool is almost spongy feeling, but the rest feels like the roving I'm used to. Did I mention this wool is still in lock form? Hasn't been carded. I have carders, but when I purchased the wool I was told I could spin it like it was. I'm not too sure how I feel about it but I love the colors.

While at convention I finished squares number 10 and 11 for charity. There wasn't much time for knitting at the convention and I wasn't allowed to take my needles on the plane. :-(
Upon arriving home I was greeted by a post card from my Secret Pal and a package as well! The following items were in said box: the most gorgeous regia sock yarn I've ever seen, altoids gum, intense dark chocolate, another post card, and "A" shaped sticky notes.
What more can I say? I'm thrilled. I love my SP... It's going to be so sad to see it all end in a few weeks. I didn't manage to get a picture of the first postcard but it's beautiful as well and is also of Vancouver.

I'm glad to be back. I would have loved to explore Boston more, but the convention took up the entire trip. The convention was a blast though. I'm really looking forward to next years which will be held in Portland, a favorite city of mine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

She's aliiiive!!! heheh
Oooh wonky hand spun.. well that's alot better than what I am getting. which is nothing. Cause I havn't had time to try!! WAHHHH
Denise

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sorka said...

She's aliiiive!!! heheh
Oooh wonky hand spun.. well that's alot better than what I am getting. which is nothing. Cause I havn't had time to try!! WAHHHH
Denise

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home