Friday, June 30, 2006

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

I'm back. No yarn either... Funny story about that actually. Before leaving I searched yarn shops in the area, and when I searched Hershey it came up with two one of which was on a Derry St. I really couldn't remember which was where but I didn't worry about it too much I was simply focused on yarn... I would look for yarn.

Then I saw Derry St. near Hershey and I whined about stopping at the yarn store evertime we passed it. So on our third and last day in Hershey we had this nice little break in the day so I begged to go yarn store searching. We went, couldn't find the store on Derry. We gave up and went to an antique mall. I looked for teapots, found tons of them, and didn't buy a single one. I was good. My mom said something to one of the employees about the so called yarn shop and she had no clue; however, she came back 10 minutes later and said another employee knew exactly where it was and gave me directions. We went off again in search of yarn shop which apparently was not on Derry. Still couldn't find shop, so we stopped in a quilt shop which was where we thought the yarn store should be. Figured crafty people would know about other crafty stores, they were under the impression it went out of business. hm.... but it's in the phone book! Then again there wasn't an address in the phone book which was unusual. So we gave up and went back to the Bed and Breakfast. I sat around and worked on my red sock.

We left again for dinner and went to this little diner in Hummelstown, ordered our food... waited. They had those paper placemats with advertisements on them, and it was the Ks that caught my attention. I tend to associate every letter K I see with knitting and this ad with the letter K also had a yarn ball and knitting needles. AH! Knitting store, and it was on Derry. It was on Derry in Harrisburg, not Hershey. Oops. That would explain why there was no knitting store on Derry in Hershey, it was sad to find this ad at 6 pm when most yarn shops are closed. I called and got an answering machine.... closed. Of course. Harrisburg was somewhat flooded though so I'm not sure if that's why it was closed, or if it was closed simply because it was closed for the day.

Oh well... I tried. Good news though, I finished a red socks! Now I have two finished socks, neither of them have partners though. It's definitely improvement though. hehe.

Here is a picture, pretend like you can't see my messy desk in the background. I have lots of red things. Red/pink mug. Red candy, and now a red sock.

Even better news, I started the second one!

I still need size 8 DPNS. My mom searched the craft stores for me last Sunday but nobody had size 8 or 2. Looks like I'll need to make a trip to the Yarn Shop, or maybe I'll just go to the LYS in North Canton. Who knows... I think I'm going to try to do some more charity knitting/crochet. I've been a bit lazy with it lately.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry, your knitting needle deficiencies will soon be solved! Look for a parcel in the mail soon from ComfortZone. -- Yer Secret Pal

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home