Monday, May 29, 2006

Stupid sock...

My sock is making me mad again. I think I'll frog.

I'm always frogging the stupid socks.

I think I just can't knit socks on DPNs... I love DPNs. They make me happy. Everything goes great on them when I'm working with acrylic, but this sock yarn... it just isn't working. I have bizarre stripes down the socks, which I think may be from pulling to tight, and the sock just feels loose. Maybe that's how it's supposed to feel. I don't know. I'll deal with it in the morning.

I think I need a new pattern. Maybe I'll give Pomatomus another try. This time. When I make socks... I'm so swatching. I think I'll get out that cheap acrylic sock yarn I bought too... that way I get the first real pair of completed socks on not-so-amazing yarn. So I won't feel bad about it.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. I have tons of sock patterns laying around. I thought about making some out of worsted weight arylic just for the practice. Why not... I've got loads of it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sorka said...

Awhhh. There are other ways you know.. hmmm I might have something for you to borrow.. you coming tonight?
Denise
knitchat.com

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What type of DPNs are you using? How many? and what material? Take a picture of the 'stripes' you are talking about (are they what's known as laddering?) and possibly I can advise...

Yer Pal.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home