Thursday, May 25, 2006

I can explain!

It is currently 1pm on Friday

I know it says this was posted on Thursday, but that's when the draft was saved. I was too lazy to upload the pictures again.


I started this post yesterday (Thursday) after recieving something in the mail from my SP. Which reminds me, I really need to send something to my SP. I should do that Monday. I have the package, I just haven't shipped it.

Anyways. I got online and uploaded my pictures to blogger. No sooner than the pictures were uploaded I received a call from my boss begging me to come into work early. I had 10 minutes to get there and it usually takes around 15. So I saved my post as a draft and took off.

After work I had plans to go to the drive-in movie theater with my boyfriend. We made these plans sometime at the beginning of the week. Of course, those of you living in Ohio (and surrrounding states) are aware that a nasty storm came through yesterday. We didn't think it would matter. What's a little rain? Besides, the county we were going into wasn't even being mentioned! No problem! So we went. Sky was clear, weather was nice. We sat around waiting for the movie to start and off to the left the sky got completely black. To the right, blue sky with zero clouds. Of course the evil black sky also had lighting which was pretty frequent so we decided it would be a good idea to head home.

Heading home was probably a bad idea. We would have been much better off hanging out there until it blew over.

Instead we hydroplaned the whole way home. There were definitely some turns on 21 when I thought my car was going off the road. I couldn't see anything. Didn't feel like my car was under control. The inch or so of water on the road prevented any normal driving. That was at the worst of the storm though. It cleared up a lot more later, but the areas we were driving into had tons of water. It was just sitting on the road. We came up to our exit and hit the brakes, but after realizing that there was another few inches of water on the road, and my car wasn't going to stop in one piece, we decided just to get off at the next exit. I wasn't going to wreck my car. So we called my dad so he could tell us how to get home since we were now lost.

Fun times.

When we did get home I shut my computer off because of all the lightning and I didn't turn it back on until I got up this morning. I was ready to update my blog and appologize to my SP for not posting about her extremely cool gift earlier. The internet was down. Again. It's down quite a lot lately. Several times a week.

It's back now though so I'm finally getting this posted!

Like I said before I got a package from my SP yesterday. It's what got me out of bed actually. The doorbell rang and I sat up freaking out because I'm in my pajamas. Then I realized that it must be the mail man! It was! So I snatched my package off the doorstep and ran back to my room. It was promptly opened.

Here are the contents:

Time for close-ups because they're so much fun!

First off: Soap. Peppermint and Strawberry Banana. The Peppermint does smell amazing. The entire box and everything in it smelled like Peppermint. Strawberry Banana smelled very good as well.
Next: Pride and Prejudice. I'm glad I have this book now. I will read it even if I don't get around to it for awhile. ;-) After falling in love with the book over the audio version, I'm glad to have it forever in text.

Mmmmm.... Tea. As mentioned before. I like tea. A lot. I'm trying to use up my "crappy" tea like no other. The more I try though, the more I realize every tea has it's place in my heart. Except for fruit and almond. I hate that flavor. This tea is insanely cool though because it's tea leaves. I love tea in leaf form! If it's in leaf form I can use my cute little teapot shaped thing with the holes in it! I don't know what it's called. lol. Definitely can't wait to try this tea.

Last but not least: Cootie catcher note cards. How cool is that. They're notecards, but they're cootie catchers! AH! The bright colors on the box made me very happy. It's the coolest box. I'm going to play with them sometime in the future. Not right now though, because I must finish a baby sweater! (or at least work on it)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you're enjoying your goodies!

Good luck with the baby sweater. I'm avoiding working on one, myself. In fact, I started two new projects out of avoidance behavior. But I'm going to have to finish it soon or the child will grow out of it...!

- Yer Pal.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home