Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Muhahaha

It came yesterday. I was at work, so I didn't know until I got home after going out to dinner last night. Walked into the house and found it waiting right inside the doorway.

Before leaving for work everyday last week I asked my sister to make sure she signed for it if someone came. The bad thing about UPS is that they can come any time during the day, especially when I'm not home. The mailman, I know when he'll show up.

Well yesterday my sister didn't go to school cause she was sick. And again, before leaving for work I reminded her to answer the door if someone came with the wheel. She did. She was tired but stayed up just because I annoyed her so much. Then she gave up. Changed her mind, crawled into bed, and right when she started to fall asleep the doorbell rang. She was ticked, but she still got up and got the wheel for me. Gotta love her for that.

So of course I opened it, assembled everything then went to find the next exciting fiber to spin. I grabbed some alpaca from the fiberfest last summer. It was some hard stuff to spin. It's very soft and I was really trying to figure out how the wheel worked. Oh well... I think I've figured it out. Never fear! I haven't neglected my knitting. I'm still making major progress on Autumn in Oregon sock number 2.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice!! I am so glad that your sister answered the door for you! I hope she is feeling better! Happy spinning!!

3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wooo hoooo!!!!!
Can't wait to see it in person!
Denise
knitchat.com

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, you should spin and knit your sister a hat or wristwarmers or something as a thank you for sacrificing Warm Bed on a Sick Day for you.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

what a fun new toy!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home