Thursday, October 12, 2006

More additions to the stash.

I said back in September I was going to have all yarn into 2 boxes by the next year.

So far it isn't going to well. I've been buying cotton like it's going out of style. Just yesterday I decided I needed cotton, especially since dishcloths/facecloths/washcloths are quick and could make some great gifts. Well, I figured since I'm always getting these 40% off coupons for JoAnns I might as well buy one ball of cotton with each coupon. This was purchased today. Upon arriving home from JoAnns I was informed there was a coupon in the paper sunday, so I think I'm off to buy another ball of cotton tomorrow. Then I got another coupon in the mail today. Yup, I'm on a major buy cotton mission. I figure the more cloths I have in a variety of colors, the easier it will be to gift them whenever needed.

My ultimate goal is to get a container of just finished gift projects that can be given away as presents, if I can't find anyone to gift them too, they can eventually go to charity.

Unfortunately there wasn't much knitting today because all I wanted to do was spin. I'm really starting to like the way this roving looks spun up. It's nice. I can't wait to see what it looks like plied. It might be awhile though, it always seems like I'm not making a dent in the bag of roving.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

woohoo for cotton and woohoo for 40% off coupons! :)))

5:31 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

cotton dishcloths are so fun to knit! my problem is I walk into the joanne's with the 40% off coupon determined just to buy one thing... and leave with an entire basket of whatever. I have no will power.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home