Sunday, October 08, 2006

Stash Enhancement

At Walmart of all places. Can't beat cheap cotton though.

Did everyone know Bernat is doing Cotton now? I don't think I was aware. The story starts with my trip to Walmart, I just had to take a look at the yarn section, I always do. Usually I don't buy anything, although I'm a Red Heart fan, I have a small store I usually shop at that is owned by a lovely women who runs it out of her home.

Not only is she cheaper than Walmart (by $1 sometimes), but she has 10 times the color choices. She stocks Bernat, but I haven't seen this at her store. I'll have to ask her about it next time I'm there.

So I purchased two of the colors. They are 12oz each and were $5.97? Something like that. Not bad, and much better color choices than the Peaches and Creame yarn also stocked at Walmart. Not only that but they have some pretty cool dishcloth patterns on them too. I'm actually considering making one of the patterns on the lable.

In socktoberfest news? I'm really close to finishing the Pomotomus sock, which would mean just one more left to go. Sock Wars socks are coming along too but I'll save that stuff for future updates.

2 Comments:

Blogger lexa said...

Check out http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=handicraftercotton&SPP=999 for their colors. (These are smaller balls - just 50g. This is what we sell in the store where I work.) Also they have Christmas colors, but I don't see it on their site. They have more variety in the smaller skeins. Its been around a looooonnnnggg time. I remember using it for the first time 12 years ago. Not sure how long it was around before that. Have fun with it! They also have a free patterns section on their site with dishcloth patterns. They are the same patterns that are on the ball bands.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's nothing that beats a good yarn deal! Over here, I've found yarn at places I would have never thought they'd carry yarn - I remember one little store that had 100% cotton yarn for 0.75$ per skein - yay for that! I bought all they had left, nice colors and I was a happy camper!
I love the yarn you got, I didn't know either that Bernat had cotton now - I love these colors that you chose, especially the blue one is so beautiful!

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home