Friday, August 25, 2006

Finished Hat, and more Pomatomus

Finished the fuzzy pink hat yesterday afternoon. Isn't it pretty? It looks much better in person or on a human head, but there was no human head this size around when I took the picture. It fits her perfectly and she's thrilled. Her little sister wants a blue one with the exact same yarn as the leg warmers, headband, and scarf that she's already received.
Pattern: Mine. I held a strand of fun fur, and a strand of the sassy stripes together and did a K2P2 ribbing, then I dropped the fun fur and increased so I'd get the right stitch count for width I wanted. Knit for 4 inches and started decreasing.
Yarn: Lion Brand Fun Fur in color Hot Pink and Moda Dea's Sassy Stipes in color Crush.

I love this stuff... the striping is just so much fun! I think I'm going to go through and make a billion pairs of self-striping socks. Doesn't matter what kind of yarn... I just want the stripes.

A view from the top:

Since finishing, I've been working on Pomatomus with small breaks for charity squares.
Pomatomus is coming long nicely, which is a good thing since I have to finish by the end of the month for the Sock A Month KAL.

Speaking of Pomatomus, I was showing someone the chart the other day and noticed something... When making the first one I had issues with the foot part of the pattern. Turns out I compltely missed an important stitch in the chart. hehe... oops. I may frog the foot of the old Pomatomus and redo it. This time I can make the toes less pointy. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

The hat is CUTE! A reasonable application of fun fur -- and I don't believe there are many, but I like this.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home