Monday, April 03, 2006

What I'm Knitting

Here's what I've been working on lately. Nothing too exciting. First off there's the charity projects. Which brings me to a point I forgot to mention. It has been discussed at our Circle K meetings that it would me cool to start a knitting group or something. Then at district convention we found out our goal for this year was to fulfill those basic needs, which if you think about it, knitting provides. You knit scarves, hats, mittens, blankets, and you keep people warm.

So we're meeting later tonight were we're going to teach the club how to knit, or at least I'll be teaching the club how to knit. It should get interesting. I've taught several people how to knit but not in that large group setting. We'll see how it goes.

Then last weekend we went to our Spring Officers training were we had a meeting with the rest of our Division. Our division is made up of two other clubs and another club that is trying to charter. Well we were having a division meeting with one of the other clubs in our division (the third club doesn't come to many events) and we were talking about service projects we could do together. A girl in our club leaned over to me and mentioned knitting, but not loud enough where it could be overheard. Five minutes later the girl leading the meeting, who was from he other school, asked if any of us knew how to knit or crochet. I raised my hand and informed them all that I was obsessed. So we decided that we were going to knit squares and combine them to make blankets to donate. Fun fun. I'm pretty sure we decided on 8 inch squares. I can't remember for the life of me now whether it was 6 inches or 8. I think it's 8 though so I casted on for a square tonight in left over Red Heart from my boyfriends Christmas present. It was an intarsia type pattern so I bought an 8 oz skein and barely used any of it. I don't mind buying mass amounts of yarn, because more scrap means more stuff to make for charity. Perhaps that's why my stash is so big.

I'll try to post a picture of my stash later. I'm dying to see how much I really have, but taking it all out of hiding and putting it back is a hassle.

Here's the square I started, and more preemie booties that have been cast on.

And also, the beloved Jaywalker! I love this sock... And look! A HEEL FLAP! Not quite finished with the heel flap, but I'm getting closer.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home