Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Headband.

Casted on for this while tutoring this morning. I was only there for an hour which was amazing! The girls got their work done in record time. I'm so proud of them.

The older of the two who play my little points game got her mini Jaywalkers and was excited. I told her she couldn't see them till her work was done. It's amazing how motivated she was. After getting them she stuck them on her feet and slid through the house. Is it just me or are all hand-knit socks really slippery? She loved them, her mom loved them, the neighbor who just happened to be there loved them. Everybody is happy. Finished the headband this afternoon. I think it took a total of two hours from start to finish. I'm happy with how it turned out. I love how the light blue in the varigated just happened to match perfectly. It was knit back and forth and the side that you see is actually where it was seamed. I love what varigated yarn does by itself. I've decided I should probably include in my blog the source of the pattern, yarn used and all that other junk because it always seems to be my luck that I can't remember which book/magazine/website that I got the pattern from.

Pattern: Child's leg warmers from Winter 2005 issue of KnitSimple.
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver color 0984 Shaded Dusk.
Modifications: Childs head was 20 inches so I did a gauge swatch, took away 10% so it would be snug, then added stitches to get a multiple that fit the pattern. Casted on 58 stitches with two strands held together, followed pattern until my final piece measured 3 inches. Nothing to it.

She'll be thrilled when she gets it tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger drea said...

hi ashley...i'm so happy that my sock trauma post could be of some help hehehe. love the headband!

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home