Sunday, September 10, 2006

Spring Socks

Remember those socks that just knit up fast. I'm almost done with the second, and believe it or not, I'm still on the first ball of yarn. I know. Shocking. I love the length of them too. Enough to cover my ankle, kind of like my store bought socks, but not too horribly short.

The second sock was started sometime last week. I remember working on it Wednesday night, and Friday morning. Since then it's come far, especially since I don't work on it that much. I have maybe two to three feet of yarn left on the first ball, and I'm getting ready to start the second. I think I could probably get another pair of ankle socks out of this yarn as long as I stop at the ankles.

So now I'm thinking it is possible to get a pair of adult socks out of 50 grams of DK weight sock yarn. When that was announced for Sock Wars, I knew short socks were possible, but these aren't that short, and that's 50 grams of DK weight yarn there. I consider these socks good practice for Sock Wars. With yarn that thick and needles that big, Sock Wars could get really interesting. The hardest part will be sending the packages and waiting for them to arrive.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sourire11 said...

they are so cute! I'm starting to regret not joining sock wars....

11:08 AM  
Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

ooh! You're, like, IN TRAINING for Sock Wars. That's scary. I'd better warm up my needles. Er, and buy some DK yarn.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home