Saturday, March 04, 2006

Put the Needles down and back away slowly...

Another Mistake! ANOTHER MISTAKE! This is the 3rd one. And I mean seriously, this one is so obvious it should have been caught earlier. Don't they pay someone to catch these mistakes? I'll give you a short overview of what it said. Cast on 31 stitches... blah blah blah... Then the two pieces got "attached" no problem now we're up to 80 stitches on the needle. Knit another few rows in stockinette. Now, knit to the last 8 stitches, then bind off the last 8 stitches. There are now 74 stitches left on the needle.

Anyone else see the error. Apparenlty not. 80-8=74. Wonder what math class that was in. I could have sworn it was 72, but what do I know. Of course I rarely bother to count all my stitches to make sure that they're correct. But I think it as at this spot where I did count and said to myself, "I have 72, oops the pattern says 74." Oh... must have just been a typo, no problem. But later on in the pattern (11 rows later) it becomes a bigger typo, because this part of the pattern is working of the 74 stitches that I don't have. This is when I got really, really ticked. So I sat, counted stitch after stitch after stitch. Then I realized, once again there was one little pattern error that threw the whole thing off. So I've about had it with this magazine. Ever pattern I've ever tried to make from it has had errors. (That's only about 4, but still). All of the patterns except for my lovely dishcloth that is. I've yet to have a problem with that one, so it's now my favorite.

I emailed the magazine. Asked them to help me because this was the third error I've found. So now I will wait. (and yes I did check their corrections page first, the purse wasn't on there) Until I get a response I'm going to neglect my purse which is very very sad, because I thought I was finally going to get rid of it. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunatley for me it turned out to be a train.

Happy Saturday everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home