Monday, February 13, 2006

ARRRRRRRH!

So... guess what my cat did... (note the title to this entry)

So I was working on the scarf last night while watching Grey's Anatomy. Somewhere during that time he started fishing through my back of yarn. Little did I know he managed to chew through the yarn I was working with. This meaning I'd have to start a new piece of string in, and weave all the ends in as well. Thank you Oreo. No wonder he was hiding across the room looking guilty. He hasn't chewed my yarn in ages. He'll chew through it if I leave it laying around the house, but he usually doesn't go searching for it. Covering it with a towel usually works well enough. (he's not the brightest crayon in the box) It must have been the temptation of the yarn moving while I was working with it. Still really ticked me off. I also have the horrible feeling that I'm going to run out of yarn. I bought around 550 yards, and the pattern only called for 370 some (not quite sure), but I'm a little over fourth of the way done, and I feel like my first skein of yarn is almost gone. Who knows. I'll figure it out eventually. knowing me my gauge is probably off, it usually is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve Middleton said...

That's cats for you! Got a picture - I love cats!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Steve Middleton said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I'm getting to find out all sorts of interesting things by visiting blogs!
I had the same cat for close on 15 years - but I'm in a 3rd floor flat (apartment) now so cats aren't a good idea! Ben (my old cat) was a talking cat - he used to constantly mutter and growl as he walked around, and especially when watching the birds through the window. He loved string & wool, would chew on it for hours! Got very surprised when he swallowed it though - couldn't work out where it had gone. Not very bright that cat.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Steve Middleton said...

Your cat isn't a smoker then?

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home