Thursday, February 09, 2006

ALMOST!

I'm almost done sewing the whole blanket together which is really exciting. I just want to get it done and out of the way. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's getting done before the Olympics. Oh well, I tried. I'm still not sure what time they start tomorrow. If anyone actually reads this and knows, leave a comment or something.

I finished my swatch for my project last night, after I frogged the first one that was too small. Note: my gauge is never too small, usually I'm a couple sizes to big. So I grabbed a bigger pair of needles and made my new swatch. Perfect width, and it's short by 2 stitches in the length. I'm not going to do anything about it though. It's a scarf, I'm short, so I'm stopping when it gets long enough anyways. That brought me to my next worry. I wonder if the scarf's gonna curl. I have a feeling it will, it's a lacy pattern, so I'm hoping maybe it won't. I'm not sure, and I don't have much, well any, experience with lace before. I could block it, sure, but it's acrylic, and from what I hear, and what I've experienced, it doesn't block. Been there, done that. So, cross my fingers, worse comes to worse, I'll make another one with real yarn. Hell, maybe I'll knit it out of the stuff I started spinning last summer that's still on my wheel. haha.. yea right.

I don't know. I'm hoping.

Don't know what I'm going to do with my school work though. I've got three exams scheduled for next week, two on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. First ones this semester for these classes. That and I'm just to busy to get all my homework done let alone find time to knit.

I'm off to lock myself in my room... hopefully I'll get things accomplished before dancing with the stars comes on tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home